Sunday, August 19, 2012

China Glaze Swanky Silk - New Bohemian Luster Chrome collection

Friends,
This week I have two colors for you that you normally will not see on me or my blog (you know how I love pink and purple by now, right? HAHAHA). My dear friend at My Life in Polish let me borrow two China Glaze colors from their latest collection - the New Bohemian Luster Chrome Collection. I am not a fan of duochrome, gold, or green - but I have been wondering what these polishes were all about. I also wanted to tackle the challenge of photographing them. For today I have my favorite of the two - Swanky Silk. I think the name is great. The color is mostly gold but it flashes a pretty warm pink that I really loved. I could almost swear there's a tiny flash of light green - but I can't tell if it's the polish or the lighting and I could not capture the full flash of pink or the suspected green on camera at all. I think this is a pretty gold and I love the glittery metallic of it in the brighter lighting. The formula was a little hard to use because I was desperately trying to avoid brush strokes - but for fans of metallics and duochromes, this seems like a great polish.

This is 3 coats of China Glaze Swanky Silk (but I think 2 would have been enough). This first picture is in the shade to try and get some of the pink flash.


Here it is in full sun:


Here's hoping you all have an awesome week ahead of you!

Heartfully,
Janelle

1 comment:

  1. This looks so much better on you than it did on me. Still not a favorite of mine though.

    ReplyDelete