Sunday, July 15, 2012

Nubar Treasure with Zoya Malia

Today I'm wearing 2 coats Nubar Treasure over one coat of Zoya Malia for some good underwear. The Nubar is pretty sheer and does build to a decent opacity at 3-4 coats, but the Malia underneath adds the perfect base for a really solid purple - and saves me from having to go for that fourth coat. I love this polish for so many reasons - it's a nice purple that's not too light or too dark, it wears really well, looks amazingly glassy for days without a top coat, and it has just enough scattered rainbow holo for me without being over the top (I'm not a fan of linear holos at all).

So, it's not the best kind of weather to photograph a holographic nail polish. But I managed to capture a little bit of rainbow with indoor lighting (click to enlarge the second picture - the best rainbow effect is captured on my middle finger LOL). I'm hoping to recycle this mani in a few days by adding a gradient element. However, that requires practice AND this is probably one of my top 5 favorite polishes, so I would like a few days alone with it. :) First pic is outdoors but cloudy. Second is indoors under a light and near a window.




Hope you had a great weekend.
Heartfully,
Janelle

No comments:

Post a Comment