Friday, July 13, 2012

Zoya Angel, Black Cat Lacquer Let Them Eat Cake, Wet N Wild ColorIcon Jewels For Your Highness


Today I had a job interview. I didn't make time to paint my nails like I had wanted to, but with 15 minutes before I had to leave - I decided I could make it work. I painted 3 coats of Zoya Angel (I swore it was a 2 coater) because it's as neutral as I can handle. I don't love colors that match my skin. I was worried - 3 coats in 15 minutes - disaster waiting to happen. I was going to opt for my Zoya Fast Drops but they were buried in some pile of stuff I needed to put away - a few rooms away from my room. Since I keep my 'melmer' in my bathroom, I decided it was safer to not dig through a pile of stuff and just opt for the Color Club 0-60 Speedy Topcoat safely stored in there instead. Shockingly, I dinged my ring finger *while* grabbing the topcoat. HAHAHA. So I quickly fixed it with a Q-tip, put on the 0-60 and went to the closet for my interview purse (read: laptop bag that looks more professional than my mommy diaperbag/purse combo - stylish as it kind of is, all things considered). I told myself to be careful but I banged a finger on a purse, held my breath as I checked the damage, and literally giggled out loud that the 0-60 topcoat did it's job so well! My nails were smooth, glassy, shiney, AND not a mark on them. I am impressed AND amazed. Anyway, that was a long story to tell you how awesome that topcoat is. I don't even care if it causes shrinkage (I am still verifying if this has happened, because frankly I'm not sure HOW to tell).

When I got home, I wanted to dress it up a bit. Please forgive the hand shot without a bottle in it. I promise I have more poses (and more colors than light pink!) but I couldn't fit all 3 bottles in my small hand. I really think 1 is my max. :) Here's 3 coats Zoya Angel with 1 generous coat of Black Cat Lacquer's Let Them Eat Cake on all nails (you can find her on Etsy). Accent nail has 2 coats of Wet n Wild Coloricon Jewels For Your Highness, with one more coat of LTEC on top of that for good measure. CC 0-60 used on top of the Angel before and after the glitter, because I did this mani in 2 parts.

 
Click to enlarge, so pretty!

Happy Friday!

Heartfully,
Janelle


5 comments:

  1. I just got that black cat lacquer as well! looks great on you Janelle :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks really great! I love my 0-60 topcoat. I started using it again a few weeks ago. Super fast dry time and no shrinkage so far.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I seriously cannot tell the difference between shrinkage and tip wear.

      Delete
    2. Shrinkage usually happens within a few hours for me. I figure I don't normally beat up a mani that fast for it to be tip wear.

      Delete